The company was going with a new platform to handle all hotel bookings. The big part of this decision was that the engine had a mobile part. This required a new design based off their structure under a tight deadline.
I started by reviewing other booking engines built on this new platform and identifing elements that would be great for our customers. I used what I discovered to create wireframes that I could review with the VP of Marketing and Director of Hotel Reservations. The result was a solution that met business and customer needs.
After the wireframe was completed and approved. I moved to full color mockups for each of the casino sites, starting with the Stratosphere. Once approved and before delivering to the 3rd party team providing the platform, I annotated the mockups with specs for the design. I also reviewed and provided feedback to the developers as they were building it.
The last piece to this project – something that came up 6 weeks before the booking engine launch – I was tasked with designing a booking widget for the home page and working with our own developer to build it. This was needed to be built for each casino site. I managed the deployment and testing for our site. Ontop of the widget, deployment also included updating all booking links to point to the new booking engine.