Skills & Expertise
- Interactive/UX Leadership
- User Experience Research and Design
- Responsive Interactive Design
- Information Architecture
- Project Management
- Art and Design Direction
- Balsamiq and Axure
- Content Management Systems
- Front-End Development
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Sass (.scss)
- Created detailed user flows and wireframes to identify and eliminate wasted development hours on 12 projects, saving the company 360 hours of wasted development time.
- Designed and directed the development of casino mobile sites that improved overall hotel bookings by 50%.
- Proposed a re-use methodology for system-triggered emails that decreased more than 500 emails to a series of 30 templates, saving time within the Interactive, Marketing, Translation, and Development teams while minimizing errors.
- Developed a landing page that allowed the company to enter a new market two months ahead of schedule.
- Proposed a new site architecture that eliminated 10 holiday campaign pages, saving the company over 100 man hours of design and development time.
Associate Director of Interactive / UX Designer
at Market America
November 2013 – Present
- Managed 13 multi-disciplinary designers and provided digital art direction for 40 global brands across three categories (beauty, health & nutrition and home & garden). I oversaw and directed marketing and UI projects that ranged from banners to wireframes to full-site concepts.
- Directed the design of a weight loss e-commerce site including defining design standards and information architecture. I provided a UI/UX strategy and feedback to desktop and mobile UI teams throughout the project life cycle.
- Re-designed the automated ordering interface and functionality on seven customer-facing B2B and B2C sites for desktop and mobile to bring consistency, improve scalability, and strengthen the user experience. I developed a streamlined adaptive user flow and 75 detailed wireframes to win over a difficult stakeholder.
- Worked with system architects and product managers to enhance a social media shopping experience that encouraged customers to earn commission on Facebook sales. I aligned detailed wireframes and customer flows to architectural and business requirements, while adding additional functionality and eliminating two extra views.
- Coordinated with Design, Marketing, and Merchandising teams to define requirements and manage the development and deployment of a large e-commerce global holiday campaign, composed of a 12-page responsive microsite for eight individual market countries. I built a sitemap, created wireframes, and developed the microsite structure. I earned Market America’s 2014 Creativity Award for the execution of this project.
UX Designer / Web Designer
at American Casino & Entertainment Properties
July 2010 – October 2013
- Redesigned more than 120 views for the player account snapshot, an interface giving customers their current account status. Using customer data, I mimicked the user’s behavior on the casino floor. This experience was incorporated into the website, mobile app, casino floor kiosk, and weekly mailers.
- Designed the mobile experience for four casino websites including design, user flow, and information architecture. The new sites increased mobile conversions from 20% to 50%, exceeding the business goal of simplifying the mobile booking experience.
- Designed and implemented a new content management system for the marketing team to update websites, which streamlined departmental processes and added customer functionality.
- Designed and managed the development of a new hotel booking interface. I identified opportunities to streamline the booking experience using wireframes and user flows that cut down in overall booking steps by 25%.
- Managed the ace | PLAY players club website rebranding, a development project originally three months behind schedule. By delivering 45 detailed wireframes and process maps, developing milestones, and managing scope, I completed the project on-time and exceeded stakeholder expectations.
Graphic, Web and UI Designer / Coordinating Artist
at Structure Studios
April 2007 – March 2010
- Designed UI elements for two desktop applications. This included complete UI mock-ups, buttons and other art, and interface assets for the new desktop application and revisions of existing applications.
- Created a new online help system that delivered a more user-friendly help solution for customers. This included the information architecture of the site.
- Coordinated with the project manager, programming team, and art team on art and design deliverables.
Graphic Designer / Marketing Assistant
at Hoopeston Regional Health Center
March 2006 – April 2007
Contract & Volunteer
December 2013 – Present
Contributed to Market America’s community service group providing help to the local Greensboro community. Within the year we collected food for a shelter for homeless families, raised money to buy care packages for our troops, and raised funds to cover the continued care costs of service dogs for our veterans.
Co-Host, Contributing Author, and Web Designer
at Major Technicality
January 2012 – September 2014
- User experience expert on technology blog and weekly podcast.
- Designed a website and online brand including logos for website and podcast, Facebook page, Twitter page, and e-mail templates.
Web Designer at Las Vegas Give Camp
Contributed to Las Vegas Give Camp, where local developers and designers dedicate a weekend to building solutions for the non-profit community. My roles included designing two websites, two logos, and various web assets for four Las Vegas nonprofits.